9/10/07

Baltimore Blog - part 1

Friday, 9/7

“Oh crap – I forgot my _________!”

We left the house at 6:45am for our 8:50am flight. As we arrived at the airport, I realized and said out loud, “Oh crap – I forgot my purse!”

Now, in my mind all I meant to say was, “oh darn – I put my cloth purse in the washing machine last night, and I left it in the dryer. Now I don’t have a purse to carry around all my stuff, and my carryon bag is way to big to be lugging around a city.”

But what Jonathan heard was, “I left my driver’s license at home!” And he knew we had no time to run back home to get it.

When I assured him that I did indeed have my driver’s license and wallet, I just didn’t have anything to carry it around with me; he breathed a sigh of relief. Although I was a little annoyed, because now I was forced by buy a purse or bag somewhere either in the airport or in Baltimore.

Normally it would be fun to buy a new purse, but not when I was under pressure to buy an inexpensive but cute bag. Luckily the Baltimore airport had a store with a fancy French sounding name. I think the name translated to “everything in the store is $10!”. So I bought a pea-green messenger bag made of a strange straw like material. I think this bag will disintegrate if it get’s wet, but it did just fine walking around Baltimore.

I also realized I had failed to pack my glasses. Now, this wasn’t a “I forgot to pack my glasses”, because it never really dawned on me to pack them. I only wear glasses to drive, and I wasn’t planning on doing any driving. But I also wear glasses to see distances – and they would’ve come in handy at the Oriole’s game we were planning to go to. Oh well.

Tune in soon for more Baltimore Blog … up next – checking into the hotel and “where’s the rest?!?”

4 comments:

Terry said...

well we're going to want a pic of that purse you know!!!

Anonymous said...

oh, I thought the same thing Jonathon did! I'm always scared I'm going to forget my license when flying.

monica said...

Terry, my thoughts exactly. That was what I was coming here to say...

Traci said...

Perry would have freaked and it would then have become a big fight in the middle of the airport, cause he too would have heard me wrong, etc. etc. etc....

Glad you got a new purse out of it.