5/15/06

Flower Power!

As part of the Epcot Flower and Garden festival, they have nightly concert appropriatly named "Flower Power".

Last Tuesday I dragged Jonathan to see The Association. All I knew about them was that they sang my 2nd favorite oldie of all time "Windy" (my all time favorite old is "Tears of a Clown"). Who's creeping down the streets of the city // Smiling at everybody she sees // Who's reaching down to capture a rainbow // Everyone knows it's Windy .... bum, bum, bum, bum, bum ... And Windy has stormy eyes // That capture the sound of (something) // etc ...

They also sang 3 other songs I recognized, which surprized me. If I remember correctly, they sang "Cherish", and ... I already forgot.

Saturday night we saw Davy Jones. This was the 3rd Davy Jones concert we've been to at Epcot. We waited in line and got front row seats! He's always entertaining; he sang all the classic Monkees songs.

Last night we saw The Tokens. Their only real hit was "The Lion Sleeps Tonight". They sang their other hit song from the 60's (which I didn't recognize), and they sang a bunch of covers. It was cool how the lead singer could still hit those really, really high notes!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Great photos, Amber! I have to admit I'd probably enjoy Davy Jones. I saw The Association when I was there last year....they're pretty good!