8/26/10

New Challenge - Laundry strike!

Inspired by the 'new dress a day' blog below, and an overstuffed closet, I have a new goal:

I'm going to see how long I can go with out doing
any laundry.

No, this is not a laziness thing, it's just to see how long I can go with wearing what's in my closet only once. No duplicate outfits. Although, am I the only person who wears pants twice before I wash them? Am I totally gross, or totally normal?

Let's face it, we all have "a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear". Well, I'm going to force myself to start wearing stuff.

Now, I anticipate washing:
socks
underwear
softball gear
tank tops (I own 2 white and 2 black ones - I figured I'll need to wear them under shirts)

That's it!

How long can I go with wearing only the stuff I own? I'm kind-of excited to find out.

Before you think that I'm a shop-a-holic, I want to prove you wrong. I haven't grown a bit since high school. Don't get jealous, I was not a skinny toothpick in high school.

Also, all my clothes are from the clearance rack at Old Navy, Target and hand me downs. People love to give me hand me downs, and I love to accept them!

So, is anybody with me?

1 comment:

monica said...

Funny, I did that with Cole this summer. We never did run out of shirts and still didn't wear everything. I had to wash shorts to go with shirts, then we just wanted to pick favorites again after 3 or 4 weeks. His amount of clothes since birth has been ridiculous. I had been buying clothes long before he was born though. Now that we're up to bigger sizes I didn't have a stash waiting on him. So it's more like a normal closet come fall and I refuse to keep over buying. He is set with my consignment sale loot from a few weeks ago, for under $40 he has a FULL fall wardrobe!! With a few new things from clearance aisles, the boy needs nothing else. We'll see how that goes?!

Good luck, I think it's a fantastic idea. Unfortunately I have still not gotten into many of my pre-baby clothes. It stinks!! I have a closet with a 3 size range of clothes. I hate it!!