4/22/08

What's hidden in your food?

So I recently purchased a Magic Bullet. It looked pretty sweet for making smoothies and chopping up veggies.

But I recently discovered Jessica Seinfeld's book "Deceptively Delicious" (Jessica Seinfeld = Jerry Seinfeld's wife). Basically, her book is how to hide veggies inside meals. It's for the kids who hate broccoli, but they love brownies. Little do the kids know is that there is broccoli inside their brownies. Muhahahahaha!

Well, so far I've hidden cauliflower inside Jonathan's alfredo sauce. And yesterday I hid cauliflower and carrots inside our waffles. Jonathan usually noticed, b/c I always get a tiny bit of broccoli in there too (I have a mixed veggies packet in the freezer, so they are all stuck together), but he eats it anyway.

I hate veggies too, so I'm all for making my normal foods at tad more nutritious!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Note to me: Don't eat at Amber's house

Terry said...

you guys crack me up that you have to hide your own veggies!!! You are too funny.

Anonymous said...

That is funny, hiding veggies. Hmm how do you hide sugar in order to get your kids to eat it in their veggies?