11/17/07

The ultimate insult!

So yesterday I went with Jonathan to his hockey game.

If you are unfamiliar with hockey, each player has an enoumous amount of equipment. Any body reading this blog could EASILY fit into a hockey players duffle bag. They are enoumous.

Anyways, he asks me to watch his enoumous bag of stuff while he goes to the bathroom. So I'm standing in the hallway, right next to a huge bag.

A kid (although he looked about 35) who was there for the "open skate (aka: jr. high/high school hot spot)" asks me, "are you a hockey mom?"

(in my mind) "What?!? Do I look old enough to have a hockey playing child?!?"

In my defence, I was looking pretty crappy ... but still ... OUCH!

5 comments:

monica said...

LOL~ Welcome to the world of "old people" insults. I hate when stuff like that happens!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of dumb ass people. I was at karaoke, Scott was singing with this girl Schuylar, who is 20. A guy who was trying to meet Schuylar asks me: Is that your daughter?

she's 20.. I was pissed. I threw Ice at him. he ran into the bathroom. I followed him....

then when everyone else found out why I was pissed, well they had a good laugh.

Schuylar still thinks it's funny and calls me mom. I'm going to deck her one of these nights.

Kingmsmn67 said...

You should have said you had a body in the bag and was looking for a place to keep it on ice

Anonymous said...

Aww Amber, you should see these hot hockey moms,they look pretty young....

Terry said...

OMG, that is too funny. I usually get mistaken for being emily and mitch's mom!!!! Oh yes, and being Scott's wife!!! LOL....bahhahahaha