11/11/06

Save the date - for real this time!

Jonathan and I are getting married on 1/15/07!

Why did we pick a Monday you might ask? That's because we'll be married on a 4-night Disney cruise.

They are planning everything, and it's actually a reasonable price.

More details later ... I'm actually getting ready for another wedding. My friend Melanie is getting married today. I am a bridesmaid and Jonathan is the best man.

edit: Actually, there isn't much more to tell. It's just a wedding/honeymoon combo. It will just be the 2 of us. I've got 2 months to go find a dress. I don't think I'll get a "wedding" dress from a bridal store. I'd like to find something very simple and white. We'll see what I can dig up. Jonathan would like to have some kind of reception/party/something later on (in the summer???).

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You so enjoy teasing us with one snipet of info at a time don't you?

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! =:0D

BTW, you guys looked super awesome yesterday! I couldn't help but to imagine how you two would look for your own wedding day! ;*0}

Hold up! I thought "the day" was the 14th! :0o You clever you! Try to make me book cruise for the different day, eh! >;0D Just kidding! X0D hehehehe.

Amber said...

Well, actually the cruise sets sail on 1/14, but the actually wedding ceremony is on 1/15.

Anonymous said...

So, are you suggesting that I should book a cruise...? =:0D ...kidding again! x0}

I'll patiently leave you two love birds alone! ;0) hehe.

monica said...

How awesome again...so excited for you! Girl, when you do something...you do it the right way!!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Lola said...

How incredibly romantic...

I want to see pictures from this weekend...

Traci said...

Congrats again! That's really cool Amber. I'm very excited for you both.

A reception in Florida in the summer, hmmm, I think I could make it. ;)

Terry said...

Really good choice Amber, i think it will be awesome. You know we'll all be waiting back here for pictures!!! keep us posted on the dress!!

Amber said...

I found a $5000 dress ... at Home Depot ... and it's made of laminate wood. ;0)

Anonymous said...

that's sexy

Anonymous said...

Hi Amber,
The entire Stakes' family has made arragements to sail on that cruise ship. Herman wants to know if he can bunk with you guys. That will save us some money. We're bringing the grand kids so you don't get bored. Can't wait.
Doris