3/22/06

P.I.E.

At work I was nominated for Partners In Excellence (PIE) for short. Less than 10% of Disney employees have won the award, so it's a pretty big honor. You get nominated by your peers, then 3 people write a mini essay about you. Then a committee desides if you deserve to win or not. Just to be nominated is a huge honor. Out of the 130 people in my office, only 6 people were nominated. I'll find out in May if I win. If I do, I get a cool pin for my name tag, that signifies that I'm a "partner", and you get a nice statue of Walt and Mickey holding hands. I'm not holding my breath that I'll win (most people are nominated a couple times before they win); normally managers and important people win, but I'm still pretty excited! Jonathan was also nominated by somebody in his office. I was chose by a colleague to write the mini essay on her. It's due on Friday!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most Excellent Amber!!!

I've always liked pie... and this sounds just as good!

To bad 'guests' can't write essays for you!

Anonymous said...

Suweeet! Congratulations, Amber!
They need to have something like, Parter in Excellent Fashion Sense Award! That's the only award I might get recognized for! =:0D
The sad thing about it is that I'm very serious about it...! x0D
Ha-, I amaze myself sometimes with my own silliness... :0l

Amber said...

Actually, to announce the nominees at work, they gave us all pie! I splurged on peacan pie - so fattening!

Anonymous said...

YUM!!!!!!!!! :0D*****
I want to eat some of that!

Traci said...

Wow Amber. Congratulations. First you are honored at Disneysites by being chosen for the moderator position and now this!!

Woo Hoo!

Unknown said...

Congrats Amber!!!! That is very cool! :)

Anonymous said...

If you win this, don't celebrate by going to Universal!

Amber said...

Speaking of Universal, I should post some pictures here ...

Anonymous said...

I just thought of something! Do you all remember the song, "P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)" by Michael Jackson from his Thriller album(I think it was from Thriller album...)? :0D
"P.I.E." reminded me of that "P.Y.T." song... x0} hehe.

Lola said...

Woo Hoo...yay for Amber!

Do presenters get a cool gift bag at the ceremony too???

Terry said...

Amber, dont forget if you and Jonathan both win who your dates are for the big shindig!!!! LOL Seriously...congrats to both of you...good going.